Welcome to Teampass Feature Requests place
- using "New Feature" ONLY
- performing a search before creating a new request
- voting for the request you would like to see implemented
Thank you for your participation to this project.
Bug report MUST be performed in Github.
Any other topic is performed in Reddit
I will be fun to decide to automatically add users from ldap to a role.
I have create a folder "common"
2 roles "managers" et "users"
"manager" can edit "common"
"users" can only read "common"
I have 100 ldap users
I will need to manualy add them in the "users" role after their first connexion...
not really pleasant !
A function in Teampass to check LDAP/Active Directory Group membership before granting access to Teampass.
In larger organizations you (probably) don't want the whole Active Directory/LDAP User container to have access to Teampass. This could be managed by creating a Active Directory Group where it's members have access to Teampass and let Teampass check this group membership.
(need to have):
- When logging in for the first time with an Active Directory account, the account should be a member of the AD group specified in de settings section. If not, no account should be created in Teampass. An email should be sent to the administrator and a line written in the Log.(User "X" which isn't a member of group [teampass] tried to access Teampass.)
- When logging in normally (after the account has been created), the user should always be checked if he/she is a member of the group specified in de settings section, if not, the account should be locked. an email should be sent to the administrator telling that user x is no longer a group member and the teampass account is locked. Probably some logging should also be made... for auditing purposes.
(Nice to have)
Further implementation of LDAP/|Active Directory in Teampass. Assigning LDAP/AD groups to Roles, this way when a Role is created in Teampass you can assign a AD group to it. Management can be done by adding or removing users from the specific LDAP/AD group.
We discussed the (need to have) feature by Email, but i never posted an official feature request.
It would really be a great Feature if one could add Drop-Downs with Pre-Defined Values as Custom Fields ...
- Category: Server
- Custom Field: Server (Drop-Down)
Value: Server 1
Value: Server 2
Value: Server 3
thx, bye from sunny Austria
Thank you for the work you already put into this solution.
A feature that might increase productivity is to allow passwords and usernames to be copied from within the favorites page. When the most used passwords are there, there is no need to click the link which reloads the page with the whole tree.
first of all: TeamPass is great, so I can finally manage the passwords of the family centrally!
It would be great if there where a browser plugin for Chrome, with which one could enjoy the typical luxury features. For example:
- Automatic login with saved user names & passwords
- Create new password
- Automatically add username & passwords into database when logging on to a new page
- ... I think the community have lots of more ideas
For Firefox, I've seen one, but it does not seem to work with the current version of TeamPass. I am Chrome User and I have only written about Firefox that the Firefox Users does not stand out. :)
Actually users cannnot apply categories to folders that they have created (or I don't know how ...). That's quite annoying, as adding custom fields to a record can be only made using categories, and only the administrator can link the categoriey to the folders.
It would be better to create templates that users can apply to created folders to add the custom fields without requesting it by the administrator. Templates should also contain none (standard), one or more categories.
When adding a new folder, the user has to set the standard settings (name, parent folder, password complexity) plus additionally define the template to use.
Thanks in advance and kind regards
Is it possible to perform a mass update of the minimal password strength on folders? We have about 1000 folders, and the minimal password strength must be changed from "very weak" to "medium". Can this be done in a mass update? I have already searched the tables in the database, but could not find the column that represents the minimal password strength of a folder.
Customer support service by UserEcho