Welcome to Teampass Feature Requests place
- using "New Feature" ONLY
- performing a search before creating a new request
- voting for the request you would like to see implemented
Thank you for your participation to this project.
Bug report MUST be performed in Github.
Any other topic is performed in Reddit
A function in Teampass to check LDAP/Active Directory Group membership before granting access to Teampass.
In larger organizations you (probably) don't want the whole Active Directory/LDAP User container to have access to Teampass. This could be managed by creating a Active Directory Group where it's members have access to Teampass and let Teampass check this group membership.
(need to have):
- When logging in for the first time with an Active Directory account, the account should be a member of the AD group specified in de settings section. If not, no account should be created in Teampass. An email should be sent to the administrator and a line written in the Log.(User "X" which isn't a member of group [teampass] tried to access Teampass.)
- When logging in normally (after the account has been created), the user should always be checked if he/she is a member of the group specified in de settings section, if not, the account should be locked. an email should be sent to the administrator telling that user x is no longer a group member and the teampass account is locked. Probably some logging should also be made... for auditing purposes.
(Nice to have)
Further implementation of LDAP/|Active Directory in Teampass. Assigning LDAP/AD groups to Roles, this way when a Role is created in Teampass you can assign a AD group to it. Management can be done by adding or removing users from the specific LDAP/AD group.
We discussed the (need to have) feature by Email, but i never posted an official feature request.
I will be fun to decide to automatically add users from ldap to a role.
I have create a folder "common"
2 roles "managers" et "users"
"manager" can edit "common"
"users" can only read "common"
I have 100 ldap users
I will need to manualy add them in the "users" role after their first connexion...
not really pleasant !
It would really be a great Feature if one could add Drop-Downs with Pre-Defined Values as Custom Fields ...
- Category: Server
- Custom Field: Server (Drop-Down)
Value: Server 1
Value: Server 2
Value: Server 3
thx, bye from sunny Austria
Thank you for the work you already put into this solution.
A feature that might increase productivity is to allow passwords and usernames to be copied from within the favorites page. When the most used passwords are there, there is no need to click the link which reloads the page with the whole tree.
first of all: TeamPass is great, so I can finally manage the passwords of the family centrally!
It would be great if there where a browser plugin for Chrome, with which one could enjoy the typical luxury features. For example:
- Automatic login with saved user names & passwords
- Create new password
- Automatically add username & passwords into database when logging on to a new page
- ... I think the community have lots of more ideas
For Firefox, I've seen one, but it does not seem to work with the current version of TeamPass. I am Chrome User and I have only written about Firefox that the Firefox Users does not stand out. :)
In the file settings.php the password for the teampass database user is written in plain text. A security improvement would be to encrypt this password so that an unauthorised system admin could not break into the database.
Customer support service by UserEcho