Welcome to Teampass Feature Requests place
- using "New Feature" ONLY
- performing a search before creating a new request
- voting for the request you would like to see implemented
Thank you for your participation to this project.
Bug report MUST be performed in Github.
Any other topic is performed in Reddit
Hello there - thank you for Teampass. I'm finding it quite useful, and usable. I especially like it's support for custom-fields. I have two custom-field feature-requests for your consideration:
- Visibility-when-Empty. Currently when viewing an item's details, all custom-fields associated with the item/folder's category are displayed whether they are populated or not. It would clean up the display quite a bit if empty custom-fields were not displayed. This could perhaps be made configurable, at the site level, category level, or possibly individual custom-field level.
- Masking. Currently custom-fields appear to be non-typed, generic raw text. Their contents are always displayed in-the-clear when viewing an item's details. It would be extremely useful to be able to optionally configure individual custom-fields as "sensitive information", and display them in a masked form unless a click-and-hold type action is performed (similar to how an item's password is currently handled). An additional copy-to-clipboard functionality would also be very useful. This would probably be best made configurable on a per-field basis.
Thank you very much!
Actually users cannnot apply categories to folders that they have created (or I don't know how ...). That's quite annoying, as adding custom fields to a record can be only made using categories, and only the administrator can link the categoriey to the folders.
It would be better to create templates that users can apply to created folders to add the custom fields without requesting it by the administrator. Templates should also contain none (standard), one or more categories.
When adding a new folder, the user has to set the standard settings (name, parent folder, password complexity) plus additionally define the template to use.
Thanks in advance and kind regards
Would it be possible to enable authentication against a Posix / OpenLDAP without specifying a bind user?
Not all the LDAP servers require binding (especially not the AD ones), so there should be an option to query the LDAP server anonymously.
we are looking into using teampass in our corporate environment and wondering if there's a way to automate a backup with encryption and place them in a location that will be backed up daily by our backup software?
is this possible?
I'd like to know if it would be possible to create a Group or Folder Password where all the items under that fold or group would be protected. We would like to make in a way that even administrator can't retrieve the items without the group/folder password.
I'm not sure, if it is usefull. But as all credentials are stored within Teampass, it could be usefull to collect data of who uses them. So you can notify anyone, that the credential will expire or has been changed. It even ist easy to find who knows which credentials and change in case this person leaves the organisation.
This request is broken up into two parts:
1. Linked Items. One of my more-common scenarios is to track things like Online forum accounts in TeamPass. In many of these cases I use a common email account (usually GMail) when registering for the forum. When I create the Teampass Item to track each forum account, I end up having to duplicate the credentials for the common GMail account, so I can immediately access them without having to navigate several items in Teampass. I could alternatively add just the email address in the appropriate field within the item, but then I'd have to manually navigate to a different item to see the rest of the common Gmail credentials/attributes. It would be nice to have a new field (Linked Item) that you could use to refer to another item within Teampass, potentially within a different folder (e.g. a folder of email accounts). Clicking on that linked-item would navigate directly to the other item within Teampass - subject to permissions of-course.
2. Items that Link to Me. Conversely, it would be nice to be able to click on a button within given item and pop up a list of items that link to it. If that was a picklist, then it could even be used to navigate directly to that item.
Ultimately it's straightforward to use workarounds to simulate this kind of functionality, but it's a bit awkward. Allowing linked-items and items-that-link-to-me would greatly improve and speed up navigation throughout Teampass for these kinds of use-cases, especially where the various items are stored in different folders. It would also improve data-normalization since I would no longer need to duplicate credentials across related items.
Would it be possible to add the ability for the offline file to only be accessible for X number of hours? This way the file will automatically expire and users can't download it and take it with them if they leave the company?
Customer support service by UserEcho