Welcome to Teampass Feature Requests place
- using "New Feature" ONLY
- performing a search before creating a new request
- voting for the request you would like to see implemented
Thank you for your participation to this project.
Bug report MUST be performed in Github.
Any other topic is performed in Reddit
Sometimes the session runs out before the time I've set in the login window (GH-Issue #2007), I get a JS-alert "Hacking attempt".
It would be nice if such errors would just throw me back to the login-window and not leave me inside TP since most session-related errors just need a relog.
At this time, when you click delete on a file it is instantly removed. Could it be possible to introduce a confirmation? New users will try out any button and the result is a deleted file.
Also because the file is removed there is no chance to restore it. Could this also be introduced?
We plan to use Teampass as a store for certificates so it must be failsafe.
Create API keys that don't have access to passwords directly, but do have access to custom fields like password hash, public keys, etc. This way Puppet/Ansible can query TeamPass directly to set passwords without any sort of intermediary step.
This request is broken up into two parts:
1. Linked Items. One of my more-common scenarios is to track things like Online forum accounts in TeamPass. In many of these cases I use a common email account (usually GMail) when registering for the forum. When I create the Teampass Item to track each forum account, I end up having to duplicate the credentials for the common GMail account, so I can immediately access them without having to navigate several items in Teampass. I could alternatively add just the email address in the appropriate field within the item, but then I'd have to manually navigate to a different item to see the rest of the common Gmail credentials/attributes. It would be nice to have a new field (Linked Item) that you could use to refer to another item within Teampass, potentially within a different folder (e.g. a folder of email accounts). Clicking on that linked-item would navigate directly to the other item within Teampass - subject to permissions of-course.
2. Items that Link to Me. Conversely, it would be nice to be able to click on a button within given item and pop up a list of items that link to it. If that was a picklist, then it could even be used to navigate directly to that item.
Ultimately it's straightforward to use workarounds to simulate this kind of functionality, but it's a bit awkward. Allowing linked-items and items-that-link-to-me would greatly improve and speed up navigation throughout Teampass for these kinds of use-cases, especially where the various items are stored in different folders. It would also improve data-normalization since I would no longer need to duplicate credentials across related items.
Would it be possible to add the ability for the offline file to only be accessible for X number of hours? This way the file will automatically expire and users can't download it and take it with them if they leave the company?
As a new user I am immediately confused at the usage of the term Roles as it is talked about here: https://teampass.readthedocs.io/en/latest/manage/manage-users/#roles-in-teampass vs Roles as management would apply to their staff (of which I do not find documentation).
It is my suggestion, that the word Roles when used internally for Teampass rights be called Security Level or System Role (with button help to clarify) but personally I think the word Role should be removed from TeamPass to prevent any confusion whatsoever.
I think it would be nice after the initial login to allow users to initially see their list of passwords, folders or even an 'Admin' created home page ie; pasted html.
For instance in my case, I might want to provide my staff with some brief instructions on how to do things which would be of value and minimize support. I might also provide a contact person / email in our store or with Teampass.net, in case of problems with the software.
Hello there - thank you for Teampass. I'm finding it quite useful, and usable. I especially like it's support for custom-fields. I have two custom-field feature-requests for your consideration:
- Visibility-when-Empty. Currently when viewing an item's details, all custom-fields associated with the item/folder's category are displayed whether they are populated or not. It would clean up the display quite a bit if empty custom-fields were not displayed. This could perhaps be made configurable, at the site level, category level, or possibly individual custom-field level.
- Masking. Currently custom-fields appear to be non-typed, generic raw text. Their contents are always displayed in-the-clear when viewing an item's details. It would be extremely useful to be able to optionally configure individual custom-fields as "sensitive information", and display them in a masked form unless a click-and-hold type action is performed (similar to how an item's password is currently handled). An additional copy-to-clipboard functionality would also be very useful. This would probably be best made configurable on a per-field basis.
Thank you very much!
Customer support service by UserEcho